This year’s Recycle Week runs between 25 September and 1 October with the theme: Recycling – It’s Worth It.
Now in its 14th year, Recycle Week is a celebration of recycling, with the aim to encourage the public to recycle more, by demonstrating the benefits of recycling items from all around the home.
An additional sub-theme has been developed this year, with the focus on ‘What goes around comes around’ highlighting the potential of keeping materials within the economy for as long as possible.
Expect to see local authorities and organisations getting involved in the week within your area. Organisers WRAP say during the week partners will be able to bust some myths and show that recycling is really worth it.
Here are some tips to consider when separating material for recycling:
- Always keep material as clean as possible to avoid contamination
- Using a food waste collection scheme helps to keep other material cleaner
- Higher quality material will generate a higher value
- Many materials can now be recycled – have you remembered everything?
- Think of materials as a resource, to help keep them within the economy longer