Zero Waste Week starts today, aimed at encouraging people to reduce waste going to landfill and to rethink about what they do with their waste. The theme this year is One More Thing.
The One More Thing invites people to do something extra to reduce landfill. Now in its sixth year the campaign continues to attract involvement from people, local authorities and businesses.
It’s estimated UK businesses could save up to £6.4 billion each year by improving how they use resources. Here are a few tips that could help reduce waste in your business:
- Conduct a waste audit – see what people throw away
- Choose another waste stream you could recycle
- Buy recycled products, such as paper, to close the loop and increase demand for recycled materials
- Provide cups and glasses rather than disposable ones
- Set printers to print double-sided and use refillable printer cartridges
What will you do differently this week?