Improving environmental efficiency can increase your business’ overall efficiency, helping to make savings across different parts of the company. Much can be achieved by simple behaviour change, so it’s worth starting here and progressing to those activities that may require a greater investment of time and money.
Here are our Top 10 Tips
- Open the blinds so you don’t have to use artificial lights
- Print double sided
- Use recycled paper
- Remove individual waste bins – people are more likely to recycle if they use centralised bins
- Use flourescent ceiling lights in place of individual desk lamps
- Check your electricity and water meters against your bills
- Use mains filtered water rather than bottled water
- Use ceramic mugs or glasses rather than plastic or polysterene cups
- Turn off computers and monitors at the end of the day
- Place a small plastic bottle filled with water in your toilet cistern, reducing the amount of water used per flush
Businesses can learn more about implementing environmental initiatives at the next Greening Your Business workshop on 22 September at the Miles Cross Farm training centre, Symondsbury, Bridport.
This morning workshop is free and aimed at SMEs wishing to find out about reducing their carbon footprint and developing robust environmental policies. Check out our Events page for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org