Home and Away is this year’s theme for Recycle Week, encouraging everyone to recycle as much when they’re at work or out and about as they do at home. Running from 20-26 June 2011, the aim is to remember that many items can just as easily be recycled outside the home.
Organisers Recycle Now have joined up with Keep Britain Tidy for the campaign this year and during the week will be testing a scheme with local authorities to recycle plastic bottles and metal cans from our streets. If we all recycle two drinks bottles and two drinks cans while outside the home each week for a year we would have saved almost 500,000 tonnes of CO2 equivalent or avoided the greenhouse gas emissions of over 80,000 world flights.
If you’re a business and would like to do your bit for Recycle Week here’s a list of suggestions:
- Use the Recycle Now logo on notice boards or promotions
- Create a link via the homepage of your website to www.recyclenow.com and feature green topics for your staff and customers
- Organise a Recycle at Work campaign for your employees
- Get involved in the Big Tidy Up – volunteer to clear an area near to your workplace. You can register your team at www.thebigtidyup.org/register.aspx
- If you’re upgrading electrical equipment make sure all items are properly recycled
Businesses requiring help in setting up a recycling campaign and communicating to staff can contact email@example.com for more information.